Friday 2 December 2011

Somerset Star Christmas Card



Last Wednesday, I went to a quilting group and I saw a lady, Tammy, was stitching the lovely Somerset star. I like the way she used of colours and materials. Since then, I decided to learn this Somerset star!


I used two different types of materials to make these stars. Did you realise the shinny gold fabric and the shinny silver fabric that I have used in the stars?

Yes, those materials are attractive BUT they are not easy to use because they don't crease easily. To make them easier to fold, I ironed the materials before I stitched them together!

The simple technique of using Somerset patches in the circle forms an eye catching central star motif. Do you want to make this a christmas card for your family and friends? Visit my tutorial here. I hope you will enjoy doing it!




3 comments:

  1. Your cards are wonderful. I found you at the small blog meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so gorgeous. I am blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I was looking for a tutorial for these the other day and just by chance came on to check your blog and here they are.
    Thanks so much.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...